Monday, May 9, 2011

Answered Prayers

We are the proud new parents of 9 month old baby Derline! She is so beautiful and we have been waiting and waiting for this day to come!! On Friday May 6 I received an email from Chris the director of the O telling me that if we were ready to accept Derline as our child she was ours!! Could this really be happening.. Was this email for real! I quickly sent Chris an email back saying yes yes yes and then called Zach... I was so so so excited! God is Good oh so very good!! The funny part about this story is I was actually in the parking lot of the dentist office I was getting ready to go in to have my wisdom tooth pulled.... Lets just say I didn't care what they did to my teeth that day all I could think about was this beautiful baby girl!!

We submitted our adoption application back in March of 2010 and we have been down a very bumpy road to get to this point. We journeyed from His Home For Children to New Life Link to Children of The Promise to Kingdom Of Kids Orphanage to River of Hope and then back to His Home For Children where our baby girl was finally waiting for us! There were times we didn't think we were going to make it. We needed all the patience one has but we also knew this was part of God's plan and when he was ready we would know who our baby girl was!!
She is perfect in every way. I love love love her hair it is just wonderful! She is a chubby wubby cuppy cake who we just love and adore!! She is just starting to crawl so we are thinking she will start to loose some of that oh so cute baby fat!! From what we are told she always has a smile and everyone loves her! She loves to sing and dance to the music at the O with the other kids...  It sounds to me like she will fit perfectly in our family!! We are planning on going to visit her in August and I am sure this will be one of the hardest things we will do. Loving on her for a week and then leaving her there will be hard... Haitian adoptions are not fast we are looking at this still taking about 2 years to get her home.. That makes us sad but at the same time we are going to be praying hard for her to be home a lot faster!!

This is the baby girl we have all been praying about! She was brought to the O because her mother died. Her father is a farmer and she has 7 other siblings. Her father did not think he would be able to care for her and continue to farm to take care of the other kids so she ended up at His Home For Children in Haiti. We are so happy to welcome her into our family and we can not wait to give her all kinds of smooches and hugs! The boys are very excited and don't understand the wait... Why does it take so long... Well hopefully it won't take as long as we think but then again who knows.

Mothers Day Weekend 2011 will be one that is very hard to top... We got such wonderful news. It just made for a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Karena-
    I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you! This is the greatest news! Congrats to you and your familye. I hope the wait goes by quickly and your baby girl is in your arms sooner than expected!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply amazing! It had me all choked up to see what an awesome thing you are doing. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers! Congratulations on this so, very, special news!

    ReplyDelete