Thursday, March 31, 2011

Don't give up..... Someone out there needs you

Words to live by….. Well that someone in our case is a little girl. That we are sure of. At this point we just aren’t sure where she is at. We are still waiting to here back from the O that we submitted to a month ago. While we are waiting I have came across another O that I am very interested in and trying to find out more information about. This O is different than most. They maintain a very small group of children ages 0 to 5 years and when I say small they currently have 17 children and only can take in 30. They have a 3 children to 1 caretaker ratio and by american standards that is amazing! This O is located up in the mountains about an hour from Port Au Prince and there is a beautiful little girl their that is in need of a loving family. There is actually 3 adorable kiddos 2 boys and then this little girl.

So Now I am asking myself what is god trying to tell me? Is he trying to tell me that maybe I need to procede down this path and go with this new O? Or is this just me not being patient? I have had the other 2 little girls in my mind for a month now. I think about them daily as if they were my own. We pray for them daily. Why now has this other little girl been put in our path?

I guess I need to remember my words ---

Be Patient ~ Prepare To Wait ~ Prepare To Be Flexible


But what do those words really mean? I have been Patient we have been really working on this for over a year now. And Wait we have been waiting and waiting and waiting. Flexible yep done that to we have delt with about 6 independent O’s in Haiti. (why independent because its cheaper about $10 to $12 Thousand dollars cheaper) I have looked at agencys here in the US that do adoptions in Haiti and they are pricey and a lot of them won’t help us because we aren’t old enough. (current adoption law says parents much be 35) The independent O’s have relationships with the Haitian Govt and they can make things happen that some agencies can’t. This is what I have learned from talking with many other adoptive parents.


I know what we have been called to do and that is adopt. So now we will continue to wait on the lord and follow what he wants us to do.


“Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14)

Waiting is hard to do when there are 145 million orphans worldwide. Did you know there are nearly 236 million people in the United States that call themselves Christians. From a purely statistical standpoint, American Christians by themselves have the ability to house every orphan in the world… Wow that is a powerful statement. I realize every Christian isn’t in a place to adopt some are elderly some are unemployed and some don’t feel the call to adopt. But just imagine what a small percentage of American Christians can do.


“Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act. " Proverbs 24:12


No comments:

Post a Comment