Friday, February 3, 2012

Prepare

Verb: pre·pare/priˈpe(ə)r/

  1. Make (something) ready for use or consideration


As Zach and I prepare to leave for our upcoming 3rd trip to Haiti I am filled with emotion. What must be done to prepare for an upcoming trip?? There is all kinds of things that must be done at home, work, pto, and then there is preparing of your heart. 

Well the list is endless 
~get everything ready for my boys here at home
~~ School plans 
~~ Practice plans 
~~ Clothes 
~~Bags Packed 
~Make sure the dogs are taken care of 
~Make sure everything at work is done to survive with out me for a week
~~ most importantly payroll! 
~Carnival planning 
~~ When I get home carnival is in 8 days which means not a lot of time! I am trying to get as much done before I leave as possible! 
~ Pack bags for Zach and I and the kids in Haiti
~ Pack Food for us in Haiti 
~ Pack Toys and bottles and diapers

So many things to cross off the list and chances are I will probably forget something!! 

~~ Most importantly I am trying to prepare my heart. The trip is never easy you are out of your comfort zone... We miss our kids at home but we love the time with the kids.. This trip I am trying to prepare my heart to just be open for whatever comes my way. I am asking god to take my hand and lead me use me the way he intends for my life to go. We have been asking a lot of questions lately and I am praying god gives us an answer on this trip... I know its not always that easy but in his perfect timing I know we will get out answer! 



"Cast your burden upon the Lord,
He will sustain you.
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."
Psalms 55:22



No comments:

Post a Comment