Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thoughts of a 3 year old

So the other night we were saying our prayer at bedtime. It was me and Wesley and this is how it went.

Me: Now I lay me down to sleep
Wesley: down to sleep
Me: I pray my lord my soul to keep
Wesley: my soul to keep
Me: If I should Die before
Wesley: I'm going to die?? Why did you say that??
Me: What no.. I didn't say that.. Lets start over

Our prayer now goes like this....  

Now I lay me down to sleep 
I pray my lord my soul to keep 
If I should die before I wake
I pray my lord my soul to take 
Guide me through the starry night
And wake me with the sunshine bright

Oh my goodness I felt so bad to think that my 3 year old is thinking I am going to die.. Then he says mommy why did you say that! Zach was sitting on the couch when this happen and he said the look on my face was priceless... I told him the look on Wesley's face was priceless! I think I handled it all right not sure what I would do differently if I had it to do over again! Hopefully he isn't scared for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment