Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Now I Lay Me


We have started praying at bedtime with Wesley and it is the cutest thing! The other night I went to give him a kiss and he said I want to pray mommy! So I knelt down beside him and we prayed.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the lord my soul to take
Guide me through the starry night
and wake me with the sunshine bright

(this is the part that is really cute.. Now Wesley prays for whatever is on his little mind. The past few nights this is what he has prayed for .....

His Sisters and A Baby
 (notice sisters with an s and a baby ??)
Being able to go poop and pee in the potty all the time
max and liberty ( our dogs)
bubby
mommy
daddy
mammaw
pappaw
mammaw betty
grandma jayne
aunt karie
gracie (his little friend)
gracie's mommy and daddy

and then we say........

Amen

2 comments:

  1. Karena- How sweet! Seriously this made me tear up. Tell Wes THANK YOU for the prayers. We really appreciate it. Gracie loves Wes and can't wait to play with him when she has recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara it was so cute he was just going down the list and thought of Gracie and then he said and Gracie's mom and dad : ) very cute!

    ReplyDelete