Wednesday, May 22, 2013

These 3 kids just got IBESR #'s

 

 
Surrender  all your thoughts and troubles to the lord for if it is his will he will make a way… God’s timing is perfect it’s something we can’t explain but his timing and plans are right and good! ~ KRP

John 16:33

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 46:10

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;

    I will be exalted among the nations,

    I will be exalted in the earth.”


So we found out last night that our 3 precious kid’s files were finally accepted into IBESR and they all received a number!!! This is a huge step! We still have plenty of other steps but this is a big one this has been the hold up and we are finally moving!! 747 days after our first referral of Derline we are officially submitted and moving on the Haitian side of things!!!  
 

So let’s run through the past few days leading up to this point... First we have a new attorney and he has been working on our file for a few weeks making sure it was ready when IBESR opened their doors to these old dossiers that were stuck in crèches, orphanages and lawyers hands that still needed in. IBESR had been saying for a month or better they were going to have this special time to submit. So we have kind of been on the edge of our seat just waiting… Then it happened IBESR officially posted that they were going to be open Friday, Monday and Tuesday… So the stage is set we are ready for Friday… Friday comes and our Dossier doesn’t get accepted… But our attorney has a plan ….. But still it took everything I had to get through Friday and the weekend it was just another really low time a enough is enough please please lord begging for him to just let us in. Begging for him to soften hearts and remove these mountains. A lot of crying like on the verge of I’m having a mental breakdown crying! Then we get to Monday and we have a few snags and we are told Tuesday is the day…

So as Tuesday starts we hear from our attorney that morning and then again around noon things are still being done still have hope… But as Tuesday afternoon starts to fade away so does my hope I start to get more nervous more anxious… I had plans to go to Lafayette with a good friend for dinner we were going to get pedicures and then dinner… It was almost 5’oclock and I knew IBESR had to be closed and I hadn’t heard anything from the attorney… So I made the decision to just surrender completely give it all to God. I logged out of facebook and my email and I turned my phone off. Yes you heard me! I came home stuck my turned off phone on the charger and left it home! I got ready and then left with my friend!! I was completely unplugged!!! Surrendered it all to him realizing there was nothing I could do anymore I had done my part I had helped it get to where it is and all I could do was pray… Checking that silly phone all night was going to do no good! Plus I wanted to be with Zach when we got whatever news we were going to get!  

I had an amazing night good conversation we laughed caught up I won’t say good food because what I got was too spicy and I could barely eat it!! Ha! That will teach me to order Cajun pasta again!! Honestly I didn’t think much about my phone or what was going to be waiting for me until we were driving home… I joked with my friend saying I wonder how many messages I am going to have and figured my phone would be blowing up when I turned it on! Got home around 10 did a few things and then Zach and I turned on my phone…. What happened next was amazing!!! I had lots of messages but I knew exactly which ones to look at…. And there it was a picture of the receipt from IBESR with all 3 kids’ names on it and their numbers!!  Shock, Tears, Excitement, Shaking, Smiling, Crying, all things that started happening!! Words just can’t express how we were feeling!! Amazing!! I wanted to simply hug my kids who are 2,000 miles away and tell them that we are committed to them and failure is not an option that we love them so so much and we are one step closer to bringing them home!

Just thinking about all of what happened the past few days I am reminded of the sermon we heard on mother’s day… It was about Surrender about walking through the valley… there are struggles in the valley and the enemy is in the valley battles are fought in the valley!  We are on through this valley and on top of a mountain right now but we know there is another valley coming, another battle that will probably need fought to get them home!


This all reminds me of the 23rd Psalm

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (or through the darkest valley),
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

 
So we have IBESR numbers we are moving again…. Whats next well we now have to be approved to adopt the children that is what IBESR will do I am not sure how long this will actually take and I am not even going to guess!!! After that we will then have court making the adoption legal and giving the kids our last name! Once we are thru court we will then start the passport and then visa/USCIS side of things. So we still have a long road ahead of us. But right now we are one step closer!! And that is something to smile about!!
Thank you everyone that has been praying for us!! Please continue to hold our family in your prayers so we can get these kiddos home!! Your prayers mean the world to us!! Thank you Thank you!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment